Tuesday, March 01, 2005

OUCH!

This is why I do not crochet (much) anymore.


I don't think it photographs well, but that is a four and a half inch scar
A couple years ago I broke both bones in my right forearm, tripping over a box. (yep, I'm graceful.) I broke both bone completely through. I now have what is referrred to by many as the "bionic arm". In order to set the bones, I had surgery to insert a rod the length of my forearm and a plate that wraps around one of the bones. (If I had my Gray's Anatomy coloring book handy, I could write the proper names, but it has mysteriously disappeared.) Any way the rod has long since been removed but the plate remains. You can feel it in my arm.
I realize without it, the bone would not have healed properly and I would have lost a great deal of range of motion. But the mother hurts like hell when I crochet for any length of time.
Which, sadly, is why I only have this much crocheted blanket.

I don't know what to do now. Should I put it up, or should I rip it out?

By the way, how cute is this slipper? I have yet to put the straps on, and sew up the second. This one's going to sit on my desk for a day or two though.

No comments:

Post a Comment