Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Don't count your eggs before they've hatched.

Apparently, Preordering a book gets you squat.

I am sitting here Harlot book-less, wondering when I'll be getting my copy when this (bullshit) email pops up from Barnes & Noble. ( I don't like Barnes & Noble, but they are the only thing around that I don't have to drive 30 miles to get to, and I had a giftcard for my birthday.)

Anyway, this is the bullshit excuse they are trying to feed me about why I do not have my book yet:

We regret to inform you that our supplier has changed the release date on the pre-ordered merchandise listed below. We expect to ship the item(s) soon and will send you an email when it is ready to leave our warehouse. If we cannot acquire the merchandise within 30 days, we will notify you by email.

BASTARDS!!!!!!


We had a very nice visit with my in laws. I not only taught my niece, Jenna, to knit, but also her mother, Jennie. The surprise of the weekend being my brother-in-law, Jon, watching us all knit with great interest, and by the time I had left, had needles in hand, and was actually doing quite well. Will wonders never cease.

I suspect his interest in knitting was directly affected by the fact it rained almost all weekend and we were all in the house trying to entertain ourselves.

We got back into town last night. Today Nate is off to work and Jess and I are now on our own to endure Spring break together. (Jess is only three, but goes to developmental preschool through the public school, due to her condition.)

Jess likes routine and this week a BIG chunk of her routine is missing. She is not too happy about it. Hopefully I can appease her with some Easter candy.

Pictures tomorrow. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment