Friday, March 18, 2005

The Interview and the recipe

Here is the "Interview Me" from Rabbitch. A good thing too, because today, I got nothin'. Well, except a recipe.

The rules are pretty simple. If you want to participate, here's how this puppy works:
1. Leave me a comment saying “interview me.”
2. I will respond by asking you five questions here. They will be different questions than the ones below.
3. You will update YOUR blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.


1. Which one of you is the dork, you or Carma?

Hands down...It's me. Say it loud. I'm a dork and I'm proud!

2. How long have you been knitting?

Hmmm. I want to say three years. I'm not sure really. Before that I used to crochet. Due to a fourinch plate in my forearm, crocheting has become painful.

3. How big a yarn stash do you have?

Actually, I just recently cleared things out. I'd have to say somewhere around 60 to 75 balls/skeins/what have you.

4. Would you like some green cotton?

hmmm, guess I could use some for project scrubbie if you are really looking to rid yourself of some.

5. How do you feel about novelty yarns? (In general, I'm not sending any out. Well maybe.)

It depends. Novelty yarns has it's place, It's just some people and even companies (lionbrand) go too crazy with it. (Have you seen some of their patterns??)


Ok, I'm all packed and ready to go. Jess and I are headed to New Buffalo to check out Sit&knit. Then I drop Jess off with Auntie Shell.
Then after a brief stop to my mother's, (She is insisting I take her cell with me, since I do not own one, nor have any desire to.) I'm off to Iowa.

If I were to be home tonight, this was to be dinner. Since I will not be cooking, I thought I would share it with you all.

Lentil Apricot Soup
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 large onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
1/3 cup dried apricots
1 1/2 cups lentils rinsed
5 cups vegetable stock
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon thyme
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
salt/pepper to taste
Saute onion, garlic, & apricot in oil. Add lentils and veggie stock. Bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
Add tomatoes, cumin, thyme, salt and pepper. Simmer 10 minutes.
Add Lemon juice. Puree half of the soup in blender. Return to pot. Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment