Tuesday, January 18, 2005

pink hat hell

I went to Sheep's Clothing Friday. I really had only meant to go to purchase the afore mentioned fushia wool. (which I did. Cascade 220, color 7805) But when I walked in I saw this:
photo hosting and image hosting by ImageVenue.com
Isn't it beautiful? 690 yards of Manos del Uruguay In color C. I did not yet have a plan for it, until Saturday's shopping trip with Carma.

It's going to be a wrap of sorts. Right now it's just a knitting up as a great big rectangle. But when it's done I plan to add a couple buttons, so it will stay on my person.

Actually I'm lifting the idea from something we saw in Greenfields. Except, the one we saw was machine-knit generic and cotton. Mine will (hopefully) be much cooler.

I really should have taken the camera with us, so you all can see what a spectacle we are when we shop together.

We had a pretty nice visit. I started Carma on her first felting project. She's making a Sophie bag. I cannot wait to see how it will turn out. I think it'll be pretty neat.

Nate rented King Arthur last night. I cannot decide whether I liked it or not. All I am sure of, is that Lancelot was quite yummy.
photo hosting and image hosting by ImageVenue.com
Here's Jessie's hat. It actually doesn't fit, but that is an error on my part. I had to pin Jess down to measure her head and even then I couldn't keep her still enough to get an even remotely accurate measurement. That and this stuff felted super fast. The sides had actually felted TOGETHER and I had to take a utility knife to it and open it back up. I've made several of these hats with cascade before and I had NEVER had that happen before. I guess I'll have to make another.

and the hat I made for myself out of some odds and ends.
photo hosting and image hosting by ImageVenue.com
It's Bonne Marie Burns' Chicknits bottoms up bucket hat. Go buy it. NOW! Seriously it's worth every penny.

Also I'm making a Sophie bag. What can I say, Norma has some strange sway over my project decisions. (Boy, I'm just in a felting frenzy here)

Here it is post-felt,but pre-handle:
photo hosting and image hosting by ImageVenue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment