I have read a few "100 things about me" lists. I find them intriguing, and thought I'd give it a go. Note the 37. Yeah, I'm that exciting.
1. I've lived in Northwest Indiana my entire life.
2. When really tired or really drunk, I have a southern accent.
3. I am a happy, affectionate drunk.
4. I am short (five feet, one half inch). I am curvy. (Nearly forty-inch bust)
5. I have no knack for finding clothes that fit curvy and short, which tends to make me look frumpy.
6. I am afraid of spiders. Some spider bites cause an allergic reaction ...
7. ...As do bees. (I think.) I know it's some sort of flying, stinging insect.
8. I am very much in love with my husband.
9. We knew each other less than a year when we were married.
9a. I turned Nate's marriage proposal down twice. (I found marriage more thana bit scary.) I have absolutely no regrets for accepting the third proposal.
10. Jess was born 8 months later. (Do the math.) She was not the reason we married.
11. I referred to my wedding as "crap I need to do". (Mind you, I was pregnant and VERY sick)
12. I have really great in-laws.
13. I have always wanted to take a yoga class.
14. I am too self-conscious to actually do it.
15. I prefer a manual transmission.
16. I have secretly always wanted to be a mechanic.
17. I converted to Catholicism when I was seventeen.
18. I took my grandmother's name, Genevieve, as my confirmation name.
19. I stopped being a Catholic at twenty-four. (Catholicism and I disagreed more than we agreed on issues very important to me.)
20. I think organized religion takes itself too seriously.
21. I can read Braille by sight. (Grade 1. Still learning Grade 2)
22. I have an addiction to Dr. Pepper.
23. I learned to knit from a library book and a freezer bag full of garage sale knitting notions.
24. I have been obsessed ever since.
25. I have an irrational fear of medical science.
26. I attended Nursing school for a year and a half.
27. I dropped out after I realized I would never be able to conquer my fear of needles.
28. I am a Dungeons and Dragons geek.
29. I was in a serious car accident when I was 18.
30. In said car accident, I was nearly scalped by a pair of wire frame glasses.
31. I have a large scar on my forehead from those wire frames.
32. I spent five and a half years in a very unhappy and hostile relationship with my high school "sweetheart".
33. I have since learned to stand up and defend my self worth.
34. I scored a 1460 on my SATs.
35. I wish I were still that smart.
36. I want to go back to school, but I have no idea what to go back for.
37. I'm sure Carma could add quite a few things to this list. (Not that I am asking her to.) I am actually shocked I could come up with more than ten.