Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Holiday cheer

Ah, the holidays. A time for good food, good fun, and quality time with the family. So far our holiday get togethers have gone without a hitch. Nate has this week off and tomorrow morning, we head to Ohio. We will spend New Year's with my in-laws, as we do every year. No, I'm not complaining. Do you want to know why?

I want to start off by saying that I LOVE MY FAMILY. I love being able to spend time with Nate and Jess. But I have not been able to even (forgive me crudeness) take a pee without company. I cannot sit down without another body swooping in to snuggle up to me. Yes this was nice and cute, for the first couple of days. But I have stuff to do, and you'd be amazed how chores grind to a halt when you have to give "hug breaks" every few minutes. Again, I love them, but I cannot wait until the 3rd when life goes back to normal.

Now, knitting news.



*a tumbleweed rolls through this part of the blog*


I have none. Except to tell that all knitted gifts have thus been received favorable, and I have a request for ANOTHER poncho.

Other than that, I have not had time for any knitting. I am going through withdrawals, I am getting quite snippy.

I look forward to the trip tomorrow as it will give me time to knit in the car, time to knit while all others are visiting, and time to knit on the way home.

I plan on taking the afore mentioned poncho, (harlot pattern, black woolease) Nate's second sock, and I dug up an orphaned sock that I had made for myself, that I will work on the mate. We will see about my progress next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment