Friday, December 10, 2004

Warning: colorwork can be addicting

See, Carma, you're Secret Santa does like you after all. (who was it??)

Hee hee and now you know why your cardigan, done on size 4 needles, has been taking me so long. :)

Well, I have started my mittens. Here's what I have so far.
photo hosting and image hosting by ImageVenue.com

Sorry no braid thingies (I wouldn't have a clue how to make'em) Actually, no pattern for that matter. That's right no pattern. Just some measurements and a colored pencil mock up of a motif I'm going to use. Am I asking for disaster? It would sure seem like it. But if (by some small miracle) this works out and I like it, I'm taking detailed notes that may some day be transcripted to a pattern. Although I fear that I may become addicted to colorwork. It's fun, and it seems to go faster than, say, a normal section of plain Stst. I have been forcing myself to stop between designs and do other things, so the house does not fall into chaos around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment