Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Technical difficulties.

Due to a very harsh windstorm Sunday night, our phone service had been disrupted from early Sunday evening until about 10 am this morning.

I know I promised tree pictures, but my camera is charging (again) My batteries don't last for anything anymore. Maybe I need new ones.

Mitten news. I ripped out and started over. Why? In laying out my chart, I failed to realize that my hands are stubbier than most. If I continued with my original pattern, I would have an extra 3 inch of mitten with no hand to occupy it. So I went back to my chart and shortened it, but that meant overhauling the design as well.

I'm not complaining It's sort of fun, in a masochistic way I guess.

When not working on my mitten, in the last few days, I have been reading. I took out a book from the library, and I must say I like it better than I originally thought I would. It's called Mirror Mirror by Gregory Maguire. It's a decidely adult version of the Snow white and the seven dwarfs tale. I'm hoping to finish it today so I can head to the library tomorrow. (it's along my errand route for tomorrow)

Oh! I have also been working on a birthday present for my step mother. I decided on a Noro silk garden scarf and the pattern for the pinecone scarf in the latest issue of interweave knits. But I have run out of yarn and need to get one more ball, so that will have to wait until tomorrow.

I think I'll start my newsboy cap from the Stitch n Bitch Nation book. It'll be a birthday gift to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment