Thursday, December 09, 2004

Easily persuaded

I've been thinking of making myself some fair isle mittens. (I so badly want a pair) And, with the Harlot and Cassie's high mitten content, (they make it look so easy don't they?) I finally decided to go with it. So I bought my yarn; Jamieson's 2 ply to coordinate with the colors in my Noro Kureyon hat.

Here it is.
photo hosting and image hosting by ImageVenue.com
Then I flaked. What the hell am I thinking? I don't possess the skills for beautiful fair isle mittens. But, since Cassie highly recommends mittens, (Mittens are small, easy, portable. They require only small amounts of yarn and are a great format for trying new techniques. She notes.) I'm going to give it a go. What results may be good or bad, but either way should hold some entertainment value. Now. Off to find a pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment