Thursday, December 23, 2004

What was I thinking?

Tuesday night I was suffering some sort of delusion. I actually though I would finish Jill's tote bag to give her this morning. Needless to say, it did not happen. Yesterday I did not knit. At all. Nada.

Actually, Jess and I spent most of our day braving the cold and the traffic. It was "Do-every-errand-I-can-think-of-so-I-don't-have-to-go-out-again-before-Christmas" Day. Oh, and "Meet-Jill-and-the-two-Amys-to-plan-Katie's-baby-shower" Day.

So, Yesterday I called Katie to report that, although I had lots of odds and ends for Jill's gift, I had no bag. It's now in her hands. I dropped off what I had to Katie last night(before the snow hit) so she could present the gift to Jill today.

Oh and by the way, my mother called last night to ask me to pick up a gift she will be unable to. So much for no more errands.

Every year my family goes crazy at the holidays. We buy too much, we eat too much, we stress too much. Every year I try to simplify and every year I get pulled into this frenzy with the rest of them.

I think I'm going to crawl back in bed. Wake me for New Years.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete