Thursday, December 09, 2004

Bookworm

Not much knitting to report today. I stayed up late last night tandem reading three books. I wanted to read them all but could not decide which to start first. (I do this a lot)
I read the second book in the Series of Unfortunate Events. Not bad, not great but Lemony Snicket makes me giggle.
I'm also reading the Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. Truth be told, I've been reading it for a while. The stories are well written but they do become predictable after a while. I don't know if they really are more predictable, or if the reader "catches on" the Shelock's methods. Since it is just a collection of short stories, I read a story or two here and there.
I also started reading the Devil Wears Prada not too far into it yet, but I am already hooked.

It's nice to have my holiday shopping/knitting done. One less stressor to the holidays. ( I'm really not trying to rub it in. You must realize I start my holiday shopping in August. I see this as a nice little vacation from holiday stress.) Now, Thanks to Carma's post I need to go find my tom petty CD and listen to it so I can get "you're a free girl now" out of my head. Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment