Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Two reasons why I should carry my camera with me…

Number One:

I had to go to Walmart today to buy some odds and ends. While in the parking lot, I was confronted by a seagull. For those of you who do not know it, I have a weird phobia thing about birds.* Anyway, this Ruffian seagull chased me around the parking lot. (Seriously. I'm sure all those who witnessed it got a great big ole' laugh. I mean a grown woman running from one seagull.) If I would have had my camera I could have snapped a picture and posted it as a warning to all those in the area to be on the lookout for.

Number Two:

One the way home I followed a one ton truck that had balls of steel. Literally. On the hitch of the truck dangled a chrome-plated scrotum, complete with two testes. I laughed so hard I almost rear ended the guy.


I have a few finished items that I've blocked and I am waiting for them to dry. Tomorrow will be picture day.


My incessant handwashing has paid off. Jess is better and back to school. So far I have not come down with the virus.


*About this bird phobia. I'm pretty sure it stems from three things.

1. Watching Hitchcock's the birds at an early age
2. My cousin's parrot which was allowed to roam the house and swoop down on you at will.
3. My great Aunt's psychotic parrot, who's cage sat by the front door. You had to be careful not to get too close, or you'd be bitten. If you escaped unbitten it would curse at you. For extended periods of time. Coincidently this is how I built a nicely rounded vocabulary of obsenities.

No comments:

Post a Comment