Monday, April 25, 2005

EWWWWW

Coming off a less than stellar weekend, I need a change. Now, nothing terrible happened, actually not much happened at all, which I think is part of the problem.

Well, we had crappy weather, from what I've heard, so did a big part of the country. I still have no water softener. Not sure why that didn't happen, but until it does I cannot wash our whites, lest they turn orange. (mmm, well water)

I have little knitting progress. I find this very odd because I do remember knitting, yet I don't seem to have anything to show for it.

I think the big blow for me was, for the first time ever, I was not carded while purchasing alcohol. I put my Pete's wicked Ale on the counter and waited for my prompt to flash my ID. It never came. I came straight home, went to the mirror, and examined my reflection. I'm twenty-seven for cripes sake! I was carded for R-rated movies until I was twenty two. What the hell happened?

I know it's a silly thing to get in a huff about. It doesn't change the fact that I'm in a huff.

I couldn't sleep last night. I ended up having a "Hot Dead Guys Movie Marathon". There is nothing like an old movie marathon to lift one's spirit.

(Of course, ogling Yul Brenner, Cary Grant, and Frank Sinatra may have helped that along.)

I woke up this morning hoping for a brighter day. Instead I have a very sick little girl who cannot keep anything down,and is crying because she is hungry. She has a doctor appointment at 4.

I just hope we have enough clean laundry to get us until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment