Monday, April 25, 2005

Quick! I Need an Old Priest, and a Young Priest.

We made it to the doctor today. Jess was in her 5th set of clothes for the day. I was in my third. Jess' doctor has always been very kind and thoughtful and really takes the time to explains things. But, at this point in the day as he was explaining to me that Jess was NOT in fact possessed, as I was beginning to expect, and went in to detail about what was actually going on I heard it more like this:

Doc: She has a virus that is going around a lot lately, and is highly contagious...
What my tired brain in actually hearing: She's sick, no demons. Expect to come down with this same malady by weeks end...
Doc: There is no treatment. It's just something she's going to have to wait out.....Could last a couple days, could last ten...
Brain: ...Can't do a damn thing about it. Look forward to your week of hell. By the end you'll be praying for sweet death. At least then you can sleep. Forget your weekend alone. Those plans are shot. Forget about getting squat done except cleaning the bathroom, and doing loads and loads of laundry.

I swear, when this is all over I'm making Jess wear a biohazard suit to school and installing a bleach shower by the front door. Before she started school, the sickest she ever got was an ear infection. This REALLY sucks.

So, there you have it. I have quite a few projects I'm hoping to get done by next week. The bedroom makeover will be put on hiatus, as has been Nate's trip with Jess. I have a smattering of Mom's Day gifts to finish off, along with Carma's cardigan. (Does anyone else think that her post is a subtle way of her telling me to get the damn thing done?)

Hopefully I will have some FO's to show soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment