Sunday, May 15, 2005

I've been duped.

For those of you who have not had the pleasure to hear the backstory and laugh at me, I'll explain.

Over the course of the last two or three months, Jess has been coming home from school and speaking of a hamster named, Miss Gengis. It has been an almost daily conversation we have had. (Note: Jess has a problem "communicating pragmatically" So actual conversations we share are terribly exciting for me.)

For over two months, I have heard stories about Miss Gengis the Hamster and what she did today and, how funny she is.

As I mentioned in a previous post, We had Jess' case conference last week to discuss the course of actions and services needed for next year. I was chatting with her teacher and mentioned Miss Gengis. I recieved a puzzled look. There is no Miss Gengis. There is no hamster there is no classmate with a hamster, there are no stories about a hamster. It was all a ruse. I was completely duped by a three-and-a-half-year-old.

Fortunately for Jess, this sort of grand scheme trickery is smiled upon, and laughed about. So Saturday, we took a trip to the pet store.

Meet the fuzzball.

Can you guess the name?




Nope, it's Animal.

In other news, I have some knitting progress to share.
Koigu socks


lace shawl


And the winner of the poll is the new photo (or phtot. Yes I am aware it's misspelled but at 2 am when all you want is the damn thing to work, you don't care about typos.)

The new photo will grace the sidebar at some point in the near future.

Everyone, keep your fingers crossed for Jen.

No comments:

Post a Comment