Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Nothing to blog.

I guess I could show you the minimal progress I have made on Jess' blanket.
photo hosting and image hosting by ImageVenue.com
That I have moved past the cuff of Joel's birthday sock.

That I have a bit of Carma's second mitt made, but cannot continue until I wind the second skein. (No , I have not yet bought a swift and ball winder.)

But that's about it.

Yesterday, I realized that I just have shit everywhere. Fabric, beads, yarn, paints. Once upon a time it all peacefully co-existed in the closet of our third bedroom. Now it has taken over.

Time to do a bit of spring cleaning. I need to. But I don't wanna. It means I have to go through it all and decide what stays and what goes. Normally, I have no problem with this. It's just different with all things crafty. So much potential in every item, I have a hard time parting with them.


*added Later*

Ok, for those of you asking how I am doing the squares on Jessie's blanket.

Mitered squares. super easy, like so:

Cast on 48 stitches. (Or any even number, for that matter)
Row 1: knit 22, k2tog, k2tog, knit 22
Row 2 and every even row: knit
Row 3: knit21, k2tog, k2tog, knit 21

Continue as such, knitting one less stitch on either side of the two two k2tog's on odd rows, and knitting even rows, until you have two stitches.

next row: slip 1 stitch, knit, pass slipped stitch over stitch just knitted. bind off
I made five squares like that (Feel free to make how every many you'd like for the first row of squares)


Second row of mitered squares (I guess they're more like diamonds at this point)

You will notice, that the side of your square will have 24 ridges. Hmmm good number, because now you will pick up 24 stitches (as if you were purling these stitches) off the side of Square A, and 24 stitches off the side of Square B. 48 stitches total. This now equals your cast on for square C. Repeat the directions above.

Crappy diagram:
photo hosting and image hosting by ImageVenue.com

No comments:

Post a Comment