Monday, November 21, 2005

Potter-less weekend

To answer a few questions, no Nate does not read the blog. He thinks it’s silly. Or, if he does, he has never let on. Either way he’ll either be genuinely surprised by the socks, or he’ll pretend to be.

Friday night my Mom offered to take Jess for the night. I was thinking, "Ok it’s movie night." (Can y’all guess what I wanted to see?) Nate asks, “Well, what would you like to do? I’m game as long as it’s not the Harry Potter movie.” He then tried to rationalize by saying they were probably sold out any way. I'm sure he's right, but I wanted to see Walk the Line as well.

I was crushed. Instead we spent an evening in. I sullenly casted on my Hermione hat while Nate played video games. I used the leftover “bronze” color from my Ravenclaw scarf. It's blocking right now on my change jar. Man this thing grew in the water. It's a very fun knit, but I will not be making the matching mittens. I have plans for a different pair.

I’m about to join the second sleeve on Dad’s sweater, but right now it just looks like a pile of brown ribbing.
We are going to my in-laws in Ohio for Thanksgiving. We do every year. It’s great because I don’t have to cook, but I’m not looking forward to fighting the traffic.

Although this year all I can think is, "Imagine all I could get done with Nate and Jess out of the house" Not a very festive thought, I admit, but a true one.

No comments:

Post a Comment