Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Mail call

Well, our trick or treat was rain-soaked, but Jess still had a blast. I think part of that was the fact that she saw all three sets of grandparents in the matter of two days. Much spoiling was involved. As for my costume, I went as, "Erin: Tired and in a Halloween-themed t-shirt", and Nate went as, "Nate: On his day off". Very inspired costumes, I assure you.

Onto some knitting and wonderful things that come in the mail


The begininning of my leaf lace shawl for the EvelynAClark knit a long. I'm using Southwest Trading Comany Oasis soysilk, mainly because I have a lot of it. I'm using 8 needles. The pattern calls for 10's to be used with dk weight, but that was just way too loose.

I have one retro rib, needing a grafted toe. Sorry no picture. I think I left it at my MIL's house, because it is missing. I'm using Knitpicks Essentials in Ash, on size 2's. I was very tempted to start the toe early and keep it for myself, but they will be for my SIL.


That's really the only progress worth showing. I have some others but I cannot show them yet. I am also working out a thank you gift for my friend's mom. She is a little Wicked obsessed, so I want to make her some socks. I have the wicked chart worked out, and I'm in the process of tracking down some yarn for them.

Onto lovely things that come in the mail.

Nate received Carma's gift in the mail, and is quite happy with it. Carma, I'm to relay a big "Thank you", and an IOU for a hug.


And my Scarf Me Pal sent my scarf! This picture doesn't do it justice. It's a very pretty blue wool, done it what looks like moss stitch with some purled ridges. Very cool and the perfect length. Thanks, Genevieve.

I had meant to send my scarf out last Wednesday, before we left, but with everything going on, I didn't. I sent it out yesterday and my pal should have it by Thursday; Friday at the latest.

No comments:

Post a Comment