Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Insert clever post title here.

Disaster was averted yesterday, when the "bat wing" fabric I had bought for Jess' costume and had ransacked the house looking for, was found. All I have left to do is sew the snaps one both the wings and bodysuit so all I have to do is snap the wings on. I should be able to finish before we leave Thursday morning. We are heading to my in-laws, like we do every year for Nate's birthday. This year, Nate turns thirty, and he's a bit bummed. His parents although, have done a great deal for his spirits. They told him a couple weeks ago to pick out a laptop, so he's looking forward to having a new toy to play with.

This means I must bring lots of knitting along, not only will I become chopped liver in Jessie's eyes once we hit the threshold of GramE's house, but I will be largely ignored by Nate as he plays with his new toy. Actually, I like the sound of this. That means I can find a quiet little corner and settle in with my books and my knitting. Hopefully, this will give me a leg up on my Christmas list.

Kristen is in town from California so our little Stitch n Bitch group is meeting tonight in her honor. I'm hoping I remember my camera, and I can then delight you all with some pictures.

On the knitting front, I have finished the smoke ring, but no pictures until I sew up the edging and block it. I'm having some trouble with the mittens. I have decided that fingerless gloves would be more practical, but I want them to be two color, and sort of vintage-looking. I have not yet found anything I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment