Thursday, October 06, 2005

good news

Yesterday, I had a conference with one of Jess' teachers. Good news, that actually Nate and I had begun to notice this year. See, Jess has been picking up more and more visually. Last spring, we realized that Jess was able to see far more than we could have ever thought.
This year in school they are working with her and focusing more on her utilizing the vision she has, and have decided to suspend her braille work, since she has been showing such a marked improvement with her vision. Now this may not sound like a such a big deal, but if they are able to rely on large print, magnified images, etc. it will make "mainstreaming" Jess SO much easier.

Anyway, that was my good news yesterday. I tell you, that little girl amazes me. when they diagnosed her ONH, they told us she'd see shadows at best. Boy, were they wrong.

I hoping to have a few finished objects to show soon. The problem is I have about a dozen WIP and I don't seem to be getting anywhere. I don't seem to have much of an attention span lately.

Well, I'm off to run a few errands and pack for our trip. I have a Stitch N Bitch meeting tonight, but I won't be able to make it, I think. We'll see what I can get done today.

By the way, stop over at Harlot's. You'll get to see me model a roaming sock in all my dorky glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment