Monday, October 18, 2004

Sweater Carnage

I have a condition.

I cannot stay faithful to a sweater. I've tried many times, but I always stray. Maybe a hat, a pair of socks, a bear or two, even (get this) another sweater. I don't know why my sweater projects failed to hold my attention. I have bits and pieces of them all over the house. Backs fronts, sleeves,(if only they were all to the same sweater)

I have the body of a gray raglan cardigan.

photo hosting and image hosting by ImageVenue.com

The hoodie sans sleeves.

See September's posts, because I have not even touched them since.

The blue cotton cardigan.

See above entry. Yeah, ditto.

The body of Jess' pullover.

photo hosting and image hosting by ImageVenue.com

The back most of the front for Jess' cardigan. (I LOVE THIS YARN!) I need to go hunt down a solid coordinating color for the sleeves and trim I think.

photo hosting and image hosting by ImageVenue.com

Will I finish them? Eventually. Will I finish them before Christmas. That I cannot answer.

Meanwhile, I have finally finished Ma's socks. The slight bummer is, they are a touch big. Oh well, better than a touch small, I suppose.


Ma called me Thursday night and asked If Jess could sleepover on Friday. What is she thinking? Like she has to ASK??

So, Friday night, Nate and I were Jessie-less. We didn't do much really. We went out to eat, came home and just hung out. Oh, But we did turn down the heat. I know, I know..."Whew! When will the whirlwind of excitement stop?" you ask.

But, I did give into temptation and started Nate's socks.

photo hosting and image hosting by ImageVenue.com

They are more beautiful then I imagined. I know there's barely more than the ribbing, but they are.

So, with my embarrassing display of unfinished sweaters, I do hereby resolve to finish at least two of them before I start another project. Even though that cute new bear pattern is calling out to me from the binder it now calls home. Hmmmm...talking patterns. I better go to bed. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment