Saturday, October 23, 2004

fear of Fair Isle

Well, I finished the Harlot poncho. It just needs fringe now.

photo hosting and image hosting by ImageVenue.com

No progress on the sweater carnage clean up project.

Could it be because of this?

photo hosting and image hosting by ImageVenue.com

What is it, you ask? Well, I'm not terribly sure yet. as it exists now, it is an experiment of short-rows and combining assorted weights of yarn. As to what it will become, I have not decided yet.

I picked up the winter edition Interweave Knits magazine yesterday. I saw this:


Sadly, I cannot find a picture to reference. Guess I'll have to take a picture of the picture, but I'd just feel silly so i'll wait and add it later.


Isn't it beautiful? Personally I'm afraid of Fair Isle, but this might be enough motivation for me to buckle down and hone my skills. That way, some day, I will be confident enough to try this hat.


Not much else going on here. Jess has been sick all weekend so we've been trying to get her better without getting sick ourselves. We'll be leaving Wednesday for Ohio. (that's right, WE) Apparently just because one SAYS he will not be offended if I decide not to go along, doesn't mean that one WON'T be. Men. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment