Saturday, October 02, 2004

So I Lied.....

... I didn't mean to. I was all set to start this felt hat, when it hit me. I can't start this yet. My Mother-in-law is going to be visiting this weekend. (NOTE: The intended recipient of said felt hat) I cannot be working on her Christmas gift right in front of her. That just wouldn't be right.

Of course, my rational side is taking a moment to say, "Neener neener neener..." Satisfying I'm sure, but it falls on deaf ears. Does this mean I'll abandon my reckless ways and finish up one of my current, and neglected projects?

Of course not. It just means I start a brand new, totally different one. And here it is.

Image hosted by ImageVenue.com -- Free 
<br />Photo Album and Free Image Hosting

Another "Very Harlot" poncho. (I love the Yarn Harlot. She makes my day.) This will be the third I've made. Mainly, because it is so easy and it looks wonderful! Plus, it uses up all that stash yarn that is just too much for say, a hat, but not enough for a sweater. This one's going to be made from some Lionbrand Homespun.

I made one for myself out of Manos del Uraguay Stria.

photo hosting and image hosting by ImageVenue.com

I have yet to wear it out and not have someone ask me where I got it.


By the way, I hate knitting with Homespun. DESPISE IT! Why, you ask? Because I snag it on everything! I'm not kidding. So, why do I keep buying it? That is a very good question. I don't know. I must suffer from temporary amnesia everytime I see it on sale. (Yes, I'm cheap. I can't help it, I'm on budget.) Plus, it's machine washable. I don't have to worry about the recipient accidently shrinking it and then feeling so badly, that he or she avoids eye contact until enough time passes that the shrunken article has little chance of making the conversation.

This Poncho is for My friend, Katie. She's expecting in March so I thought I'd make her one so that not only can she be pregnant and "fashionable", but she'll also have something she can use while nursing. (works like a charm...as long as it's light and breathable enough, of course.) That way, they'll be no "flashing" :)

Well enough for now I guess. I need to get cleaning... you know... my Mother-in-law's coming.



No comments:

Post a Comment