Monday, May 08, 2006

respect

Saturday, we attended Miami University of Ohio's 167th Spring Commencement, to cheer on my soon-to-be-sister-in-law as she recieved her degree.

I must say though, I was very disappointed in the commencement speaker. I would have expected more from someone so "highly touted". A good deal of her speech emphasized respect, and then after she was awarded with her honorary degree, she walked off the field as the other graduates were awarded their degrees.

Hello? what kind of respect does that show? And hell, If I had to sit through her long-winded, disconnected excuse for a speech, she better damn well sit through the next 30 minutes of announcements. Geesh.

Not much else to add really. There's been some covert knitting, and of course some sock and dishcloth knitting, but that's about it.

P.S. My sockpal was Erin. Go check her out.

No comments:

Post a Comment