Tuesday, November 02, 2004

greetings from the insect world

Have you ever wondered what would happen if you left town for four days and forgot to empty your compost bin that sits on the counter, and your daughter leaves a half eaten apple hidden under the couch?

Of course not. Why would you? Well, I can tell you exactly what happens. Fruit flies set up residence while your gone and have a four day orgy. You are greeted by a swarm of fruit flies as you walk in the door, and become so desperate to be rid of them you start attacking with Lysol. (Which, by the way, is not nearly as effective as one would think it should be.) I have been trying to reclaim my house and end this fruit fly party. But progress has been slow.

Jess is sick. My guess is bronchitis, but we'll know for sure when she sees her doctor this afternoon. I'm hoping Nate gets home in time for me to vote. Maybe I'll have to ring my sister-in-law or something. See these are the times it sucks that carma lives in Iowa. If she were here, she would just ride with me and keep Jess company in the car or something. Oh well. I'll find a way to get out. I don't want to take a feverish coughing 3 year old into a polling place when the flu vaccine shortage has everyone a little spooked already. (maybe she could cough on some republicans) No, really, I am NOT a straight ticket voter, I just have some real issues with president Bush. I do not want to bore any of you with my reasons. I think we are all a bit sick of this election. I want to give a vote to the one who deserves it most. I support the redskin loss prediction. :) Hmmm... carma has posted. Guess I'll read that, get ready to go see the doc, and buy some borax to poison my new fruit fly population. Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment