Friday, April 07, 2006

Craptacular...

...pretty much explains my yesterday. It's left me a bit overwhelmed.

Yesterday my SIL called to ask if I was plannign to go to the funeral or just the wake.--HEH? My grandmother died, and she was asking about my plans. I told her I didn't have any since no one bothered to inform me that she had passed, and I woiuld have to get back to her. Granted I had been informed the night before that she had a stroke, but that was only in passing.

Unfortunately, the funeral is Monday and we just cannot swing it, so we'll be heading to Geneseo,IL for the wake on Sunday.

On a happier note, I talked to my Mother yesterday. (Just to clear up any confusion my grandmother was my Stepmother's mom.) It seems that Stepdad is doing very well with his post surgery rehab and is expected to come home almost two weeks earlier than planned.

Are we happy? YES! Are we completely wigging out because we have not yet begun to make their home handicap assessible? YES! Very much so! Especially since this weekend, we will be out of town and then to visit to inlaws for Easter next week.

knitting? Oh yes, knitting. Please remember the contest to suggest a new project is ongoing and to comment here BEFORE Monday April 10th.

In the meantime, I've joined the Six Sock Knitalong. I've been admiring Susan's socks for ages, and it hadn't occured to me that it was an ongoing knitalong that still accepts members.

I've decided to use my orange sock yarn for the current Sixth Sense sock. I cast on last night so there's not much to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment