Monday, May 15, 2006

Yup, I'm a dork

So, I had so much fun with Sockapaloooza, I wanted to do something for Alison. (I can't imagine trying to keep up with a knit along that big.)

Also, I wanted to try making a pair of Sweet Mary Janes in Denim Yarn, so the choice was obvious for me. The denim Mary Janes were going to the home of the blue blog.

I'm quite pleased with them. They are custom fitted to her foot measurements, big gauge diffence in the yarn, and I had to allow for shrinkage. I think I might try this again with Elann's denim yarn. It looks like it might be easier to get gauge.

Right now it's all socks and washcloths. (I'm going for portable, washable knits as I spend more and more time outside.)

But I have the awesome soysilk in my stash. I've casted on for a tank of some sort. Still working on the detail. Although, I should be knitting for the recent rash of babies we've had around these parts.

Congrats to Mom, Cari and Big Sister, Faith on the arrival of a sweet little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment