Sunday, July 24, 2005

Found: Previously missing best friend...

Film at 11...

Yeah, so I'm thinking I may need to reintroduce myself. I'm Carma ;) The other half of this best friend thingy. A couple excuses then I'll get onto the actual posting.

I moved out of the Ghetto Castle and thereby disconnected my land line AND my dial up internets connection. THEN work got busier the SNOT so I can sneek in a post here and there from there. I'm going to be getting the internets at my new place eventually but I would like to get cable access & right now I'm pretty sure the ancient computer I have can't handle it. So I'm waiting to see if I have a prayer of getting my dad's old work computer or if I'm going to just break down and get myself a new one.

And (excuse #2... you didn't think that I would be gone for WEEKS and come back with only one excuse did you?) I've been doing some heavy thinking... Thinking that led me to break up with my boyfriend. That's really all I'm going to say about that now.

Oh and I was going to have a picture of my new 'do (everytime something life changing occurs I change either the length, style, or color of my hair) but it's 9,000 degrees outside today so I'm looking less than stellar at the moment. You'll just have to wait to see the (red) highlights and POOFY hairstyle I've been sporting. I figure that if the humidity is going to do it anyway I might as well just go with it. I like it but the style does give me a start everytime I catch myself in the mirror. It's not that different from what I used to sport (it's hard to be creative when you're hair is less than 2 inches long) but for me it seems different. So yeah anyway my friend (who assures me he ALWAYS takes good pictures... I'm SO going to prove him wrong) is going to take a picture of it one of these days.

Knitting news...

I finished the middle portion of Nicholas's blanket, now I just need help from my knitting guru (*ahem* known to the rest of you as Erin) on adding the seed stitch border. I think it's going to be really cute.

I started another Big Bad Baby Blanket for Olivia (college roommate, Kim's little one). I'm already 30 rows into it... Which doesn't sound like much I'm sure but I'm also somewhat "disconnected" from my knitting stuff right now. See, I kind of started SHOVING stuff in my spare bedroom in my new place and the knitting stuff was one of the first thing that went inside that very room. But I'm working on that (well not RIGHT NOW but you get my point). Another coworker is moving next week and she needs my boxes so I NEED to get them unpacked. I'm trying not to just unpack them into a big pile on the floor next to where the box was... that's not so much working but, hey, I never said I wasn't a work in progress....

You know it's funny in my day to day life (ok maybe not the frequently my life isn't THAT exciting) things happen and I think "Man, I HAVE to blog about this" but then when I actually get a chance to sit down in front of a computer I get serious writer's block. There's a part of me that keeps thinking that if I had a computer with good 'Net connection and a digital camera I would be really on top of things. Then again do I want to invest so much money to test that theory? Any thoughts? I've been thinking about shelling out money for an upgraded cell phone with the camera feature because I ALWAYS have my phone with me. But so many people keep telling me that if I want a digital camera I should just get the camera... But again will I just leave the camera at home all the time like I do with the more traditional one that I currently own? Oy... decisions decisions decisions.

Actually there's a cell phone company that is offering a buy one get one camera phone with a new line of service. Now I already have a line of service but maybe if ERIN wanted to get a cell phone (for all the traveling she's going to be doing with the new job...) maybe we could work something out. Well that and I think it would be WAY too much fun for her and I to both have them... I could send her all kinds of stuff. But pretty much as a rule she's not fond of them. :( Which I can understand. I only have a cell phone and believe me I love it. Although it did take me a while to get used to not trying to look at the answering machine to see if anyone called while I was out.

Oy I think I need to go... I'm being seranaded Shena Easton songs (my apologies to Ms Easton). More later I PROMISE (I have a running deal with the owner of the computer that I'm on so...)


***Added later***
I really am MAC stupid because I can't seem to get the tool bar in blogger that allows me to change the font or the color. Hmmm Maybe I can change the tomorrow at work real quick from my PC. hmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment