Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Have You Seen This Yarn?

Now I could swear that when Erin and I went to Hobby Lobby many many moons ago I bought two skeins of Bernat denimstyle yarn in Capris... However now that I'm at the end of skein one for Sydney's blankie (which now measures roughly 9 inches, thank you very much) I can't seem to locate that other apparent ellusive skein. BLAST IT! Oh well, I knew I was going to have to procure another couple skeins for this project I was just hoping to be able to knit on it some more tonight. Drats, I guess that means I'm going to have to give some knitterly attention to some of the other projects currently on the needles (it's not like I don't have a backup or 5...).

Yeah, it's either knit or do laundry. HA! THERE'S a difficult decision for me, eh?

OH yeah and I had heard that there was a LYS in Oelwein (where Nathan lives) it was out of the owner's home, then she started working out of a little shop in the LITTLE downtown area (don't blink you'll miss it amongst the bars), then she decided to close up shop and do things strictly over the 'Net. So I'm perusing ebay the other night trying to find some yarn for a couple other baby blankets/baby things and I stumbled upon the woman in Oelwein (sing with me now, "It's a small world after all... it's a small small world"). I emailed her and asked her if I bid and win some of her items if it would be ok for Nathan to act as the messenger rather than her mailing it. She was gracious enough to say yes. WOOHOO! This is really good especially in light of the fact that the yarn that I found the other day online that I was starting to think would be perfect for Steph's (pregnant friend #2) wee one... That is I thought it would be perfect until I priced it and the yarn itself would cost roughly $100. I love Steph and already love her soon-to-be wee one but... Well, I'm thrifty (some would say cheap, but...) and if I'm going to be able to budget $100 for presents I would rather be able to get all shades of stuff (I love Target clearance) as well as some handmade items. Does this make me a horrid person?

No comments:

Post a Comment