Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Carma's knitting meme

Ok, in an attempt to help me "get past" the sadness the powers that be have apparently decided that making me feel like poo will HELP matters.

UGH

Anyhoo-how. MY answers to the knitting meme as promised...

Do you knit using the English or Continental Method?
Going to have to say English here because that's what E uses and well she taught me how to knit so if we follow logic (yeah I know not one of my STRONG suits but...)...

How long ago did you learn to knit?
I believe my first lesson was in September 2004 when I was back in the good ol' Region for my nephew, Hayden's, first birthday party.

Who taught you how?
E :) She is so unbelievably crafty (insert Beastie Boys music here) she puts me to shame... But if we were all good at the same stuff the world would be dull, right? RIGHT?!?!?!

What was your first FO?
A washcloth... which turned into a washcloth knitting frenzy (yup nearly everyone got them for Christmas) but hey who doesn't love handknit washclothes?

Favorite yarn?
Hmm, I haven't really used a lot of different kinds, etc so I can't really say... And I guess it really depends on what I'm making and how long I have to make it (length which regards to deadline and with regards to the size of the project... I have the attention span of a gnat... There I said it, I freely admit it).

Favorite pattern you've knit so far?
Pattern?? What's that? I quite frankly can't read them (I know I know don't say "can't" but I can't.) If you can show me or tell me in "Carma-speak" I'm off to the races but show me a pattern and I get huffy. Someday I'll work out these issues (ha!). In my defense I can't read recipes either (but yes for those keeping score at home I can and love to read just regular stuff) I believe I have a problem with direction... Unless it's mechanical stuff then JUST BRING IT!!! (Yup, E, now who's redneck is showing?)

Favorite pattern source?
E because she speaks my language and doesn't mind my silly questions and inability to focus.

Favorite needles?
The pairs E made me... Well technically she made me one pair for Christmas with these really cool oriental-esque beads on them... Then while I was out visiting in December (when I got the other ones) I managed to start a project with other wooden needles she made... Just had to bring those back here with me to finish the project (which was Cari's scarf)... (Hey, E, putting you package together, do you want those back? Yeah your circs will be in the pack ;) ).

Nicest thing you've ever knit?
Well since I haven't really branched out all that much I have to say two different things... For VERY different reasons.

One, Nathan's scarf... nothing special but I made it while I was pissed at hell at him, but I still made it (I'm sure that's not what is meant by nice but heck, these are MY answers so....).

Two, the still not felted Sophie bag (coworker, Teresa, claims pictures are on their way... but she's been saying that for weeks so please no breath holding). This is my second choice because it was the first "complicated" thing I had attempted, my first felting attempt, AND my first time successfully using circulars. (Many thanks to E for letting me borrow her well worn in ones and proving that my other new ones just need to be straightened out before I try to use them again).

Most hated project
Oh, honey, this changes daily. I think it was probably Jill's (the future stepmom not the new mom-to-be) scarf... Fun fur all by itself is PURE EVIL. My coworker (Kate) has one that her soon-to-be grandma in law made her and coincidently it was the same color as the one that I was making Jill (I think this was my downfall, I wanted mine to look EXACTLY like Granny's... when the woman has probably been knitting longer than I've been alive... if this is not the case don't tell me, my ego doesn't need THAT right now). I got almost done with the blasted thing and HATED it... so I frogged with abandon... Then knit again with some other just "generic this will work" yarn thrown in.. Man, I hope she likes the stinking thing :)


I don't really have anyone out there that is left to tag.... I'm pretty sure that this has been everywhere to everyone that has a blog (hey, Cari, get on that, would ya?) so unless someone steps up then this bad bear dies with me.

I would like to thank all of you out there in blogland for your thoughts and well wishes during this difficult time for me. It's appreciated more than words on a blog can express.

*****Tune in tomorrow for a list, etc of sheep and wool shows in the area (or thereabouts)... Nathan did some research.. yeah with the help of his mom but I'm somewhat overlooking that. :) What, I'm sorry, did you say something? Was that ROADTRIP????****

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you knit english method. Yes you are to keep those wooden needles. :( :( I wish i could give you a real person hug, but right now all i can do is this: >HUG<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll see what I can do about getting a blog. :) But it would prolly be the most boring thing on the planet.

    I'm glad you were using your work time wisely. :)

    ReplyDelete