Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Head Cold + Flying = Bad Bad Bad

Trust me... You DON'T want to try flying with a head cold. OUCH

Plus it didn't really help that I was flying during one of the busiest times to an airport that was already dealing with weather "issues". Oh well.

My trip did "allow" for my first KIP experience which was pretty cool. Hey, four hours in a not so large, not so exciting airport in the middle of Iowa has GOT to be good for something, right? In fact I got most of Nathan's extra long scarf finished. I have pictures somewhere and will post them as soon as I get this whole thing figured out. Hopefully he'll like it or something.

My Dad loved his washcloth and his scarf (I have a picture of him modeling that too). He was so proud of my knitting, it was so cute.

I started a scarf with fuzzy yarn (Fun Fur maybe?) for my future stepmom. My Dad and I picked out the color of the yarn together. It's bright blue, I like it and hope that she will too. It's for her birthday which is January 6th... I'm hoping I have time to finish it and get it in the mail soon enough.

Ok I have some non-knitting news... I finally had the opportunity to flirt (or, in this case, try to flirt) with the attorney downstairs in my office building. Of course I take this opportunity today... When I'm looking less than stellar and due to the previously mentioned cold I sound like a flippin' frog! Oy. Oh well it's not as though he was the man of my dreams or anything. And he did look twice so to speak... Then again that was before I croaked hello at him... oh well. Plenty of fish in the pond, right?

Ok, I'm off to unpack (I'm really bad at actually doing that) and get some knitting in before I hit the bottle of NyQuil (the nighttime, sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, put you in a coma so you can rest medicine... you know the nectar of the gods when you have a cold). Is it wrong that I'm looking forward to that? :)


2 comments:

  1. It's good to "hear" you flirting again. By the way, why no details? Is he cute?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... I wouldn't kick him outta bed for eatin' crackers if you know what I mean. :)

    He's got reddish blond hair and he's an atty (uh oh) but who knows he's someone for me to "sharpen my skills" on, right?

    ReplyDelete