Friday, October 15, 2004

TGIF!!!

Finally it's FRIDAY!!! YAY! Because I completely HATE my job. I can't even tell you. Oy. And for a point of irony I keep getting calls from students at Purdue University wanting to ask for donations to their fine facility. On one had I believe in "giving back" when you can... But on the other hand I can't help but think that thus far my education from that fine facility hasn't really helped me all that much so why SHOULD I give back something I don't have?

Yeah I know I'm just bitter. The only reason I'm where I am is because I'm lazy and I chose to live in Northeast Iowa (beautiful country but not much in the way of career opportunities for a Communications major). Hey, more irony... E was just commenting on Communications majors in a previous post. :)

So another goal for the weekend is to apply for a couple jobs. I guess even if I get a part time something in retail or whatever to make ends meet that might help. The problem is it's not just about the money. Being poor doesn't really bother me, it's the job that I do that bothers me. I work for a very small company and it's not what we do it's who we do it for and the way the company is structured. My boss, ie the President/ Owner of the company, is literally making money off me "hand over fist" (one of his favorite expressions), now I don't begrudge the man a successful business but when he's living in San Francisco driving his Mercedes and I'm living in the ghetto in Iowa (yes we HAVE those) barely able to make rent I think that's a problem. Then again it's no one's fault but mine that I'm still working there. I'm not chained to this part of the world.... but this is definitely where my boyfriend is going out to spend his forseeable future. Yeah yeah yeah I know how pathetic am I? Staying in a crappy job because I can't find something else in this area but I don't want to leave because I want to be near my boyfriend.

Ugh, how depressing is this post? ;) Alright I'm done venting now & I'm off to spend my Friday night doing something else....

Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I'm a Comm grad (Penn State) as well, and I can't say that living in the Northeast (NYC, Philadelphia, etc) has allowed me to show off all that I learned at university. Sadly, it seems that the only degrees that prepare one for an actual career are not those in the College of Liberal Arts.

    ReplyDelete